Thursday, October 15, 2015

Week 27 Bumpdate

Have you seen this picture lately? Or something similar with Buddy the Elf?
The Elf is still one of my top 5 favorite Christmas movies

Well that got me thinking and anxious to start counting down other things until Baby Girl arrives so...

13 Fridays until she arrives (give or take)
5 more Wednesdays of closing at work
6 more Wednesdays of work in general
88 more sleeps (give or take) however sleep is used as a general idea lately. 
17 days until my Baby Shower
8 girl names on the list so far
0 bags packed for the hospital
0 adjustments made to our Apartment to fit Baby Girl and all her stuff
1 Child birth class to attend next weekend
1 (and my last) birthday to have before becoming a mother
1 black Friday to score lots of good deals for Baby Girl
1 more wedding anniversary to celebrate without a child. It all changes after she arrives. 

It has me so excited to be counting down all these different things until she arrives. I used to be the kid who would make the Christmas chain out of red and green construction paper and start it in November! 

I am also excited to count down because it means all those things until I can sleep on my stomach, go a whole hour without peeing, and walk like a normal person instead of like a bent over grandma every time I get up from the couch. Yes pain is a real enemy of mine these days. I skipped a heartburn pill on Sunday and it's been like starting from scratch the last few days. I cry myself to sleep from heartburn pain each night. I also get up from the couch (only when provoked) and it takes me 5-15 seconds to stand up straight and not walk with a limp because my whole lower back is in constant pain. I cannot sit comfortable, no matter how I try, when the clock reads past 7pm. I just sit there like a bump on a log, grateful no one can see me but my husband. And when I do have to move or adjust I moan to help me cope. My sweet husband has been there for me more than I could have ever asked for. If I wake up crying in the middle of the night he consoles me. We do double duty on the dishes. He rubs my back, my arms, my feet. He brings me ice cream when asked. 

Anyway I guess I've complained enough for one post. I feel like all I do these days is complain. I had to laugh at myself today because I feel like I'm falling apart and yet the hardest part(s) are yet to come! The pain and discomfort is going to get worse. The sleepless nights are going to get worse. The idea of having alone time is going to be non-existent. So I just had to laugh today because if I think these days are bad I'm going to be a wreck in the last weeks of pregnancy and first weeks after birth. Hang in there sanity, hang in there. 

27 Weeks

Non-maternity outfit.
And pink for Wednesday. Hashtag I do it for Breast Cancer not "mean girls"

How far along: 27 weeks 
Gender: Girl!       
Weight gain: 14lbs +
Maternity clothes: It all depends on the day and what I’m feeling.
Sleep: What is sleep?
Best moment this week: Feeling more solid movements and solid body parts in my womb
Worst moment this week: Every night when I get ready for bed I think “crap, now I have to be miserable at night instead of during the day”
Miss anything: Raw cookie dough at the moment
Movement: Some call it movement. I call it pre-party hour, party hour and post party hour.  
Cravings: Potato soup, apple cider, all things Fall-ish
Queasy or sick: nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Labor Signs: nope   
Looking forward to: Our childbirth class next weekend
Belly Button in or out? Out for the count.
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy


I also got crafty this week and made a tassel banner for Baby Girl's shower/nursery








And last but not least, nothing beats homemade bread...



I also feel obligated to share something that happened at work last night between a co-worker and I. A male co-worker who asked "so are you feeling movement yet?"
Me: Yes she moves all the time
Him: That's got to be so cool, I once had a guinea pig under my shirt for 15 minutes during my walk home from the pet store...that's probably not the same kind of feeling though
Me: Well I've never had a guinea pig under my shirt for any amount of time but I can bet that it does not feel the same as a baby moving. 


Happy Friday Eve Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment