Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Week 26 Bumpdate

We'll do the bumpdate first thing first this time, then you can choose to read the rest of the entry if you wish.

How far along: 26 weeks officially. I talked to my midwife about the questions regarding the confusion. They had (unknown to me) changed my due date in the computer. But after some research she changed it back and we are right on schedule. However I am still measuring big.         
Gender: Girl!       
Weight gain: 14lbs I blame caramel corn which I practically ate my weight in this week.
Maternity clothes: Yes mixed in with regular clothes. However I may have to start borrowing my husband’s t-shirts to lounge in because mine are all getting tight.
Sleep: I now have lost the definition of sleep. It’s more like sleep, wake, roll over and repeat every half hour.
Best moment this week: I guess I’d have to say the morning my husband kissed me good-bye before leaving for work and placed his hand on my belly. It melts my heart when he tries to connect with her in his own way.
Worst moment this week: Realizing that an all-day a work function next week lunch is soup and deli sandwiches so I’ll have to pack myself snacks because soup will not be enough for this woman!
Miss anything: Maybe the days when people didn’t ask me a baited question just to respond to my response with “oh but wait, it gets worse!” I now have to answer questions very carefully to avoid such things because if I hear “oh just wait…” one more time I might have a fit.
Movement: She’s still moving a lot but I think as she becomes bigger and space is running out her movements are farther between.
Cravings: Caramel corn and anything with excess amounts of bad-for-you sugar. I downed half a bag of Skittles at work the other day.
Queasy or sick: nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Labor Signs: nope   
Looking forward to: My baby shower! I need to find a dress still though…
Belly Button in or out? Out for the count.
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy unless I'm in pain. Then I'm crying. 


Over the past weeks I've been impacted, if only by distance and through relationships, by heartache and tragedy. I don't want to go into detail as to keep their privacy but tragedy knows no bias (if that's the right term). You hear people say "don't take life for granted" and "you never know until you go through it" but these friends of mine got a first row seat admist their tragedies and situations. I've been given new eyes through them to see that life can take a turn at any point. They have reminded me not to take anything for granted. Not relationships, not life, not the fact that you can tie your shoes (a lot of people cannot tie shoes...and that is something I do without a second thought.)

"When I count my blessings I count you twice" was a quote that was in my Aunt's kitchen that I saw and read every time I visited. I didn't really get it until I grew older. I get it now. Blessings need to be counted and reflected upon so you can realized how blessed you really are. Even if you are going through heartache and tragedy you still have blessings that can be counted.

So even though November is the month where we all reflect on things we are grateful for, I encourage you to do it today, tomorrow, next week. Every moment, every person, every thing can pass in an instant. It can all be taken away when the Good Lord decides. Be grateful for what you have and even what you don't have. Ever thought of that? Have you ever thanked the Lord for things he doesn't give you? Try it sometime, it's an eye opener.

So if I can, I encourage you to count your blessings. Tell someone you love them. Go the extra mile to make someone smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment