Friday, July 31, 2015

Week 16 Bumpdate

For some reason Week 16 was one I was looking forward to for a while now. Maybe it's the beginning of when you may feel movement, or it means you're already 4 months down and 5 to go or for most this is when clothing becomes tight around the bump - and crazy as I am - I was looking forward to that moment. I'm not sure but here we are week 16 almost done. Crazy.

At the beginning of this week the Husband and I went with my parents and Nephew to the nearby National Park for some hiking. Such beautiful landscape around us that I've never seen before and lived in Ohio most all my life. However in pregnancy you gain 50% more blood in your system and for me I thought "Ok yeah that's no big deal. I was in shape before pregnancy I'll be fine". This lie came to face me full on when I was hiking back up the hill to get to the car. I was breathing like I had just run 3 miles, in the heat, no breaks, no conditioning. It was rough. My poor heart. My poor baby's heart. But I checked my heart rate and I was under (not by much) the 140 beats. Still, That 50% more blood in your system is no joke.



I was also doing a prenatal workout video with an Instructor whom I've followed for a while now who was also pregnant during the video. We were (almost) gasping for breath and the workout wasn't even that hard. Don't you just love it when the leader of the video goes "man that was hard" or "wow I'm really out of breath" during your workout? It made me feel like we were equal because she was struggling as much as I was. I took so many breaks during that 30 minute workout. No shame.

Ok, enough with my "I work out while pregnant" stories. Here is the information you really came here for.


Hey look my skinny jeans still fit! They don't button but they fit!

How far along: 16 weeks
Gender: Baby                
Weight gain: 5lbs
Maternity clothes: Nope
Sleep: The 2am "call of the bladder" is back. Also I'm using a throw pillow to help me sleep at night. Between my legs, under my arm. Anywhere that is comfortable it goes. 
Best moment this week: This is more for last week but I'll talk about it now - movement! Baby A gave me a "hey I'm in here" one-milisecond feel of s/he moving. It was awesome. 
Worst moment this week: My jeans don't button. I knew this was coming and before this week I could squeeze into jeans but added the hair tie for extra comfort. Now it's all hair tie. All the time. Well if that's not considered the "worse" thing because it is a part of pregnancy I would say the constipation is terrible. 
Miss anything: Sleeping on my stomach it's going to be a long 5 more months.......welp
Movement: One milisecond but nothing since
Cravings: Fry pies which I indulged in today. I've been craving them for weeks now and broke down and bough two - one for the husband of course. 
Queasy or sick: no
Anything making you queasy or sick: no
Looking forward to: More movement!
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on



I've also been spending my spare time doing research for baby items like cribs, car seats, baby monitors etc. These two books I picked up at the library helped me a bit. I also made two lists "Baby must haves" and "Baby nice to haves" and the must have list is not as long as I thought it would be. Thereby confirming my original thought that Baby's don't need that much stuff.




And..because it's Friday and this quote fits me so much this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment