Saturday, July 11, 2015

Week 13 Bumpdate

This week has truly flown! I feel like I cannot get a grip on life and I have to hang on by my fingertips and let my legs dangle behind me. You know the feeling. Week 13 was good to me. I spent hours watching Youtube videos titled "Baby items I regret buying" and I wasn't expecting the consensus that I received. From the 12-18 videos I watched I created a list of at least 18 items that mothers have found to be useless. And even though I don't have a child yet, I agree with every one of the items. My philosophy - if they didn't have it to use 30 years ago - why do I?

I set my mind in the beginning to be a mommy minimalist - to not be so weighed down and overwhelmed by all the baby items out there that people, society, other mothers tell you they loved or "I wish I had THAT when I had kids". Don't get me wrong, the baby companies have made huge strides in products that really do help. Come on... breast pumps? That was pretty genius. But an all-in-one baby food/spoon gadget? Not so genius in my opinion. I did flip to the other side of the coin and watched "Baby items I cannot live without" videos and after a handful of 12-15 minute long videos I found that 1. People love to rave about items or tell stories about their friend "Jill" who loved said item and 2. Babies don't need many things. Which I already kind of knew.

But I digress. Let's get to the Bumpdate for 13 weeks. Baby is the size of an Espresso Cup. How cool and amazing is that? I'm pretty determined to find things that reflect baby's size that are not food related.

Hair. Makeup. Clothing. A complete 180 from last weeks picture. #lazy


How far along: 13 weeks
Gender: baby
Weight gain: 2lbs
Maternity clothes: Nope
Sleep: Sleep was rough for a while. I found only 2 positions that I was comfortable in. But right now that has passed and I'm more comfortable and trying to enjoy these last precious weeks of stomach sleeping. 
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat!!!! Also Telling my co-workers. Specifically one who has been telling me for the past 3 months that she cannot wait until I'm pregnant. You do the math. She called it just as it happened. Weird. 
Worst moment this week: I got my first dose of baby heartburn. Mild but still hurts. 
Miss anything: Raw cookie dough still and a nice cold deli meat sandwich. With crunchy lettuce, cheese, a slice of pickle, a little mayo. Oh good heavens yes. 
Movement: none but counting down the weeks until it arrives!
Cravings: Ice cold drinks
Queasy or sick: none. I think I'm passing that stage. Knock on wood. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. I was finally able to go grocery shopping by myself for the first time in 3 months without getting nauseous. Score. 
Looking forward to: Feeling flutters

Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I try to be happy most of the time. But I find my fuse is shorter these days. 


I mentioned that I told my coworkers about baby and I was met with 99% "Congratulations", "So excited for you" and so on and so forth. However I was also given a recommendation for a pediatrician and then told "Now you can start saving for College". Wonderful. The child isn't even born, let alone starting pre-school and I should be planning for College. This is how people get so sucked into life they miss all the important things. Well baby Anderson, let's just get you into this world and then we'll take things as they come. 

Also, here are some items I'm pretty set on getting for baby. The two carriers are up for discussion and a look at finances when the time comes but one or the other will be bought. Pay no attention to the gender-neutral (mostly boy looking) colors here. They are the most gender neutral I could fine. Except for the Ergo - Turquoise is my color yo. 




1. Ergobaby Original in Teal - this is the one I strive to have but there are equally good ones for half the price. Which let's be honest have a better chance ending of up in my cart. 

2. Baby K'Tan Wrap - it's a pre-wrapped baby wrap. How easy is that?

3. Aden Anais Muslin Blankets - muslin blankets are my jam!

4. Fisher-Price Rock and Play Sleeper - I don't necessarily need one that rocks, sings, vibrates, walks the dog etc but this is how most of them come. I will probably end up getting one I have to rock by hand. Oh the humanity!!


Until next week my friends...


No comments:

Post a Comment