Thursday, August 6, 2015

Week 17 Bumpdate

So I went grocery shopping this week, did Yoga 3 times and felt baby growing. I was sitting on the couch one night and I just felt SO full. Like I just ate the Captains Feast at Red Lobster with a side of those delicious biscuits and followed it up with ice cream. That's pretty full. But I didn't eat that much. I ate my normal size dinner. I later learned that's a sign that baby is growing - feeling extremely full because the uterus is growing and thus moving all other organs, including the stomach, around to make room. That's OK baby...I didn't need those organs anyway. You just take as much room as you need. 


How far along:  17 weeks
Gender:  A mystery for 3 more weeks....drag               
Weight gain: 6lbs I actually got tired of doing math when I stepped on the scale so I wrote up a chart with the number on the scale = how many pounds gained. This will also serve double purpose for when baby is out and I'm trying to loose. 
Maternity clothes: No but sometimes I wish I did have some
Sleep: Restless. I toss and turn all night. I'm lucky if I get 4 solid hours. At least when Baby gets here I'll have a reason to be up every few hours. 
Best moment this week: Everyone noticing my bump! I also received my very first "belly pat" this week. As a girl whose dreamed of being pregnant for years it was adorable but I know it will get old. Fast. 
Worst moment this week: Trying to squeeze into jeans that - I need to admit - just don't fit anymore. I did go shopping for bigger jeans so I guess I need to start breaking those in now...sigh. 
Miss anything: Testing cookie, brownie, and cake batter with my finger...lets be honest. Thats the best part of baking. 
Movement: itty bitty feather-y feelings but nothing big
Cravings: Lemon anything. Finally bought ingredients for a lemon bundt cake ("a boondt cake!" if you watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding, "oh it's a cake with a hole in the middle!!") but I'm afraid to make it because I know I'm going to eat most of it. 
Queasy or sick: nadda
Anything making you queasy or sick: nadda - but the heartburn is serious business. 
Looking forward to: My next Dr. Appt at which my Momma will join me.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy with a dash of sad sometimes


Also this week I've noticed a new excitement in my Husband about Baby. I think it's because I'm officially showing and he is realizing it's really happening. (Don't worry honey, up until a week or two ago I had my doubts too!). But his newest thing is instead of tickling or poking me he tickles and pokes my stomach i.e. the Baby. This also happened the other day with my niece who wanted to tickle the Baby. I told her that Baby couldn't tickle her back so I would do it instead. The mind of a 3 year old is truly fascinating to me! 
This poor baby is going to come out ready to face a family who is very hands-y. We poke, tickle, tease, and wet willy each other all the time. It's our way to show affection. Oh just wait Baby, your grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins are going to have a ball with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment