Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Week 39 Bumpdate

Week 39 folks. That is where we are at, can you believe it? I can't but I'm glad it's here. We are in the single digit (unless she is a week fashionably late) countdown. Single.Digit.Days man. My mind is boggled by this. We survived our holidays, our 3rd wedding anniversary and rang in the New Year respectively and now we anxiously await for Baby Girl to tell me "it's time, let's party!".

And the "party" is closer than I thought. I saw my midwife yesterday. She was asking about movement, contractions, leakage etc and for the last few months I've had the same answers to these questions. Well I decided that I would take the time and really ask her about this feeling I've had for a while now. "It's kind of like she is facing upward. Her knees are here and she is just pushing upward and it's hard to breathe" My midwife asks "and your stomach gets real hard?" "Yes" I reply. "Yep those are Braxton Hicks contractions." Then I admitted "oh man I've had them for almost 2 weeks now, I had no idea that's what they were!"

So for first time Momma's reading this I must inform you that (yes every pregnancy is different yadda yadda) Braxton Hicks contractions don't hurt. They feel to me exactly as I've described. I was expecting them to be just like real contractions all painful and crazy. I mean that's what Hollywood shows you that these fake contractions are so painful and whatnot that people mistake them for the real thing, only to be disappointed. Well I never ever thought of going into the hospital when these things hit. I simply thought baby Girl was laying weird for 30 seconds or so and would re-adjust. I was assuming she hadn't dropped as much as I thought, or maybe my pregnancy is different so on and so forth. But finding out that these feelings are practice for the real thing just calmed my heart. And since they are practice contractions they have been giving me said practice to practice breathing through them and relaxing my body. It seriously beats the tense up and "oh crap not another one!" feeling that doesn't help crap happen. Baby Girl is close to arriving and this just amps up the anxiety and excitement factor to like 200.

So let us get another bumpdate in while we still can eh?

39 Weeks



How far along: 39 weeks
Gender: Girl        
Weight gain: Let’s just say I’ve gained more than I originally planned. I blame this on my pregnancy app telling me “you won’t gain much weight from here on out but baby will continue to plump up.” Lies. So many lies. Although I still have a few moments here and there where I still don’t feel huge at all. It’s refreshing.
Maternity clothes: I can’t wait to stop wearing them…
Sleep: Something new happened last night. I woke up every hour, on the hour. Seriously. From 11:40pm until 4:40 am. It was a very very long night.
Best moment this week: I’ve gained/earned a couple stretch marks. I know women usually dread this and I did too but it’s a badge of honor in my mind at this point and I’m proud to admit it.
Worst moment this week:. Insomnia at 4am thinking about the fact that I need an infant insert for the car seat and fretting that the hospital won’t let us take her home until we have one. I’m headed to Target tomorrow to buy one…
Miss anything: I miss sitting, standing, rising, feeling like a lady. Funny but true 
Movement: Still moving but less these days. Saving up all that energy she’ll need to come into this world!
Cravings: Oranges. “Cuties” are my new best friend!
Queasy or sick: I had one night of really bad nausea. I’ve read could be a sign of early labor. Who knows, I’m just glad it didn’t last more than a few hours.
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Labor Signs: Still just pressure of her trying to get closer to the exit.
Looking forward to: The next chapter, all while trying to savor this last bits of this chapter while I can.

Belly Button in or out:  Out for the count
Wedding rings on or off? Off until she is out.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and super anxious



So since we did not get a Christmas, Anniversary, or New Years Eve baby what's your guess as to when she will make her debut? Up until last night I felt like she would be a week late but since finding out I've been having fake contractions it's hitting me that she could seriously come any day now. Wow. This is real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment