Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Week 38 Bumpdate

I think a little part of me cries inside when I take the Christmas tree down. The dread to put it up is offset by the pretty lights that I stare at which is then wiped away by the once again dark corner that once held such pleasure. And then we have the whole "shove it in the box that appears to be way too small" moment and you feel like your just literally crushing Christmas into said box. Crush. Smash. Push. Ergh. Am I the only one who feels this way? ...however this corner now holds the swing for our Baby Girl which I guess makes it an equally happy corner once again.

As fabulous as our Christmas was, it would of been made better with a little  or a lot of snow but we were greeted with 60 degree temperatures.  However, I will not complain that on Christmas Eve I had a window and door open as I did some Spring cleaning...ahem nesting? I was given the "slow down and don't push yourself" speech by a lady at the Auto Parts store on Christmas Eve. I assured her I was but then I starting recalling everything I got accomplished before 1pm that day and I realized I lied. Oops.

I also have to share a quick-ish story that happened yesterday when I went to get gas.
Scene: I'm at pump 9 and the old man is at pump 11 which was in front of me. I come out from paying for my gas (yes we still pay-before pumping with cash)

Old Man: Well have a nice holiday
*was that to me? is he on the phone? I should probably respond and be nice right?*
Me: Thanks you too
*continue to pump gas*
Old Man: So how much longer?
Me: Not much. 13 days
Old Man: Oh I should of known, I do so much with the number 13, you have no idea
*what does that even mean?*

He then proceeds to ask me where I'm from and tells me he's from a similar area...works with some guy since 1962...something something about Richard Nixon. I totally have no idea when he was talking about except those few things.

*pause in conversation him talking and me nodding*
*"come on gas pump, go faster so I can leave"*

Old Man: So..have you ever seen a UFO?
*I.Kid.You.Not*

He then proceeds to tell me how he's seen one, he should of been dead 25 times now, he has 23 people under his belt (still no idea what that even means) and how people ask him if he's an alien because of the things he does.

*seriously can this pump go ANY SLOWER?*

Finally a break in the conversation appears and my pump clicks off. I wish him a good day, get in my jeep and lock the freaking door. But he continues to talk to me through my vehicle and I just smile and wave. He also asked my name to which I replied with  a fake one, just in case the aliens tell him to take me with him...ok officially creeped out now. I'm never getting gas alone again. And when Baby Girl comes we are switching to paying via the bank card so I can just swipe and stay in my vehicle. I attract the weirdest, creepiest, oddest characters. You have no idea....well you do now since I just told you that story. You should just hear my hippie stories...I got em.

Let's do the bumpdate so we can get our mind of creepy alien old men



How far along: 38 weeks
Gender: Girl        
Weight gain: 20lbs+
Maternity clothes: I resisted buying two more pairs of maternity jeans at Goodwill this past weekend. Apparently my mind is so consumed with maternity wear that it’s all I think about when I shop for clothes. But no more. I will wear out each piece I have and then store it all away for if and when we have another child.
Best moment this week: Can this be proving lots of people wrong saying that baby Girl was going to come on Christmas? I swear that a little anxiety has left my body now that we’ve passed Christmas day.
Worst moment this week: The alien guy basically tops the list this week
Miss anything: Not being the center of attention
Movement: Ok so she sometimes moves in such a way that is so slow and huge that it almost makes me stop breathing. I have to just stop what I’m doing and wait for her to get into place. I don’t even know how to explain it but it’s the worst. It’s like she’s doing huge body rolls in there.
Cravings: probably chocolate and cereal
Queasy or sick: nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Labor Signs: I think I had a contraction the other day but nothing since. It showed all the signs of a contraction but since I’ve never had one before I cannot confirm it was one.
Looking forward to: Meeting our daughter!!

Belly Button in or out:  Out for the count
Wedding rings on or off? Off
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy happy happy



Happy New Year my friends, all the best to you in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment