Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Week 36 Bumpdate

Comfy pants on? Check
Feet elevated? Check
Fluids near by? Check
Nap completed? Check
Dinner prepped thought about? Check
Ok. Let's start this weeks blog

This week has been a doozy for me and it's still early. Sunday not-so fun day provided me with a hump in this pregnancy I had yet to face - swelling. It started Sunday morning as I was getting ready for church and peaked with a crying session to my husband about how I felt so fat and I was tired of being fat and now my body is physically looking even more fat and my wedding rings don't fit anymore...welp. (I only sit and write this so that my future self can look back on this entry and remember how bad of a morning it was. I do not write this for sympathy or compliments.) I was basically on the verge of crying all day but hey look it's Tuesday as I type this and I survived. I'm happy to report that after elevating my feet and drinking a days worth of water in a few hours my swelling went down substantially. I will however say that my ankles are still a little on the puffy side and my wedding rings are still off but I'm doing a lot better today. Mentally if anything else.  

I was reminded today by a "celebrity" the last Duggar girl to have a baby that a girl only has one first pregnancy. Sometimes it's the pregnancy from heck. Sometimes it's a breeze. And we girls don't know which deck we'll be dealt but we should really cherish each moment whether it's proudly displaying your bump for all to see or hiding your puffy ankles and pretending they don't exist. 

So with all that said I've decided to document a few of my looking-forward-toos and will-not-misses of this pregnancy and post pregnancy

Looking forward to: Sleeping without 3 extra pillows propping certain body parts at certain angles for 2 hours before having to re-prop and re-position them when I flop to the other side.

Will not miss: The dread of going to bed at night
~~~
Looking forward to: Seeing baby Girl kick and squirm in my arms, in her bassinet, on the floor etc. 

Will not miss: Being painfully jabbed when I'm least expecting it. 
(I do know however that I will miss terribly the feeling of her within)
~~~
Looking forward to: Working out and working up a sweat. 

Will not miss: Running out of breath while putting on my pants
~~~
Looking forward to: Wearing regular shirts. I'm so glad that I took the advice I was given early on not to starting wearing maternity clothes too early. They make up about 90% of my wardrobe now and I'm very ready to say good bye

Will not miss; The feeling of crumbs under my shirt, irritatingly rubbing against my belly
~~~
Looking forward to: Being up at 2am for a legit reason

Will not miss: Being up at 2am for no reason


OK so a calling bird right? A calling bird is a song bird. I looked at the average size of a common singing sparrow which is 4.5-6.5" long. Times 4 = 20 inches...give or take. Don't quote me on this. We have no idea how big baby is anymore but I do know she is taking up every inch of space she can!


How far along: 36 Weeks
Gender: Girl        
Weight gain: 20lbs+
Maternity clothes: Absolutely positively
Sleep: No changes here
Best moment this week: Getting away for a night with my husband!
Worst moment this week: Learning that I’m technically full term and could go any day now. I thought I had 3 more weeks…I guess I should get prepared now?
Miss anything: My regular clothes
Movement: Tiny dancer is still dancing
Cravings: Just food in general…I’m hungry all.the.time
Queasy or sick: nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Labor Signs:  no
Looking forward to: see everything above

Belly Button in or out:  Out for the count
Wedding rings on or off? On for the moment
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy




 Happy ONE WEEK until Christmas my friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment