Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Week 35 Bumpdate

I sit here staring at my glass of lemonade. It's the frozen concentrate stuff but I'm pretty sure it's the nectar of the gods and that I could finish the whole pitcher before my husband gets home. This is the strongest craving I've had since tomato soup.... the upside is I'm getting my fluids in for the day. The downside is lemonade isn't exactly a thirst quenching beverage.


Exactly 30 weeks ago I found out I was pregnant. I peed in a cup and used a dollar store pregnancy test and received 2 very dark lines in return. I hurried to my closest friend's house before even telling my husband because I needed confirmation that this was real. It wasn't a dream. It wasn't a fluke. It wasn't something I was making up. Her words "girl you are really pregnant" hit me hard. I cried. I shook. I kept saying "really?!". I eventually took a real test a few weeks later just for the heck of it but other than that I relied on a dollar store test to reveal our fate. And since that day it still hasn't sunk in as much as I need it too. I think a part of me isn't letting it sink in because then I'm setting myself up for what could still be a loss. I'm trying harder each day to make it feel real but sometimes the 1% of me that is terrified is strong enough to take over the other 99% that is ecstatic. 


Week 35

I never thought a tent-like maternity shirt would be something I'd CHOOSE to wear but at 35 weeks I need to be comfortable. 

How far along: 35 weeks
Gender: Girl        
Weight gain: 19lbs+
Maternity clothes: Absolutely positively
Sleep: Insomnia is my middle name.
Best moment this week: Buying baby girls car seat. It was on sale!
Worst moment this week: My baby checkup appointment where her heartbeat was in the 180s and the midwife was concerned and wouldn’t let me leave until we got a lower reading. I didn’t mind staying there or telling baby Girl to calm down but it was a second or two or “should I be scared yet?”
Miss anything: I must be missing wine because I had a dream the other night that I was leisurely enjoying a glass until I remembered that I was pregnant and should probably not be drinking. But that dreamy glass of wine was the best thing I ever did taste.
Movement: Pushing towards the exit. Shoving fists and feet into my sides. Rubbing elbows down the side of my torso. Shimmy. Shakes. Rolls. And yes still having a butt next to my diaphragm.
Cravings: If you missed the first part of this entry I’m craving lemon everything and I’m also craving pizza. I wonder if I can convince my husband to have pizza tonight instead of tacos.
Queasy or sick: nope
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Labor Signs:  The pressure of her pushing down…oh crap the pressure
Looking forward to: meeting my daughter
Belly Button in or out:  Out for the count
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy


I was bored the other day and scrolled through Pinterest and found these gems on pregnancy
Out of bed, off the couch, off the floor etc etc. 

Or shirts of my own for that matter.

Enough said

No dancing on the tables for me but I'll definitely be drinking the lemonade



And finally a "toes" picture from a different angle. Tis the season to be comfy...at all times.


No comments:

Post a Comment