Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Successful Recipes

Yes it has been a very long time - what else is new? I am still looking for a job hard core and military life continues to rear it's ugly head. At the moment I am alone for 4 days while the husband is in the field doing training exercises. There has been rumors of another deployment and he will go to a 6 week long training exercise this summer. As Don Gibson once say "OH...lonesome me".

Meanwhile since my last post I've added more recipes to my recipe folder thanks to Pinterest and my mom. Mom has collected recipes over the years - ones you can't find anywhere else because they were created by a friend or printed once in a magazine 20 yrs ago. And now recipes include so many fancy ingredients their not...ahem...appetizing to make because the effort to find special flours, sauces, seasonings etc is to much.

Since my last post here are some winning recipes I've made.

Breakfast:
Homemade Blueberry Poptarts
Totally easy and a total win. I could eat a dozen!

Dinners:
Breaded Pork Chops and Homemade Noodles
Chops: Mix egg yolks and water. Dip pork chops in it and then in Italian bread crumbs. Fry up in olive oil.

Italian Brown Sugar Chicken aka "Real Good Chicken" and Mashed Potatoes

Venison Salisbury Steak and Mashed Potatoes
This recipe calls for regular beef  but I substituted and got BIG brownie points with the husband.

Pretzel Chicken Tenders and Fries
The husband was skeptical of this but when he had leftovers for lunch the next day (cold) he fell in love and requested no other breaded chicken besides this. I guess it's time to invest in a food processor as my coffee grinder shouldn't be made to grind up pretzels anymore. I am ashamed.

Sweet and Sour/Pineapple Chicken over rice
The easiest recipe I've found for a Chinese inspired dish. I might even get the husband to like this one, but I would triple it as I could eat a ton of it!

Other recipes are from my mother and I'm choosing not to share them. But let me tell you - they are winners!

In the news of dinner disasters I have sworn off homemade pizza for a long time. The last 3 recipes I've made have failed me miserably. I made pizza perfectly back in my home state but somehow moving and getting married has apparently changed that!
I have also sworn off the popular Hasselback Potatoes. I tried them and they never "fanned" out, nor did they cook all the way even when extending the cooking time twice. The next day I took left overs and put them in the microwave and that STILL did not cook them fully. #clueless


Anyway, I better get back to my movie Sabrina with the great Audrey Hepburn. 3 more days until the husband is home... cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment