Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Almost Hibernating

Well reader friends apparently I've been almost hibernating lately because it's been about a month since my last post. Maybe I could blame it on the Thanksgiving holiday and I was in a turkey coma for a few days. Or I could blame it on all the mommy and me things Audra and I have been doing lately. Lastly I could blame it on the fact that I use nap time to work out or shower or prep dinner but that's only half true. The real truth is I didn't feel I had much to write about and I didn't want to put all the effort into opening a new post only to write a  few sentences and then get distracted and quit.

The last few weeks around here have been consumed with a walking baby, sucking snot out, and Christmas prepping. Yes Audra is a non-stop walker. I don't even remember the last time I saw her crawl more than two seconds. And yes we are in the midst of another cold. Babies with colds suck. No sugar coating it. I hate it. Going thru boxes of kleenex, sucking out snot, slathering vicks, cleaning and refilling the humidifier,  having smears of snot on my shoulders, knees, stomach, calves, etc. I thought I was seeing the end-of-tunnel light but now I don't. She's holding on to this one as tight as her last cold. I've tried everything I did last time and then some but nothing is kicking it. Maybe for Christmas I should just ask for kleenex and saline drops because were going through that stuff faster than anything. But I know I know I should not complain. Audra is healthy besides that and life could be so much worse.

Christmas less than 20 days away can you even believe it? We always add a million things to our Amazon list and then push "complete order" around now. Then I have everything thing delivered as it becomes available so I get single items almost every day for a week and a half. I just love getting packages in the mail.

Last but definitely not least is our town finally got a coffee shop and I'm trying not to go every single day. But if you're going to go into debt, go into debt buying good coffee, can I get an amen? No? Ok just me then.

Audra turns 11 months in 2 days and I will try and put together a separate post for that before it gets too late. Happy December reader friends!

Enjoy some recent pictures of Audra and Daddy.

Daddy was tightening the cabinet pulls. Audra wanted all the things in the cabinet. 


Cannot. Stop. Swooning. 






No comments:

Post a Comment