Monday, August 29, 2016

The Adventures of Crawling

Red knees. Bruised shins. Bumped noggin. In one week we went from Audra barely staying on hands and knees long enough to even rock back and forth to Audra wanting nothing to do with her jumperoo or being held because all she wants to do is crawl around. If she isn't chasing the cat she is trying to crawl into his cage. If she isn't playing with the drapes she is playing with our laptop cords. If she isn't trying to pull herself up on her walker toy she is trying to concur the hurdles of our dining room table. She is on the move and there is no stopping her. Mama needs a donut.

Dining room table hurdles.
(don't worry she was fine)

Last week was such a crazy week. I have to schedule housework around her to an extent. If she will stay in her jumperoo long enough for me to do the dishes or vacuum I'm a happy camper but most of the time I have to keep an open eye and ear on her. She is a level Ninja crawler. Sometimes I can hear the pat, pat, pat of her hands but most of the time she can go from one end of the living room to the other without a sound. She's good. Too good. And our poor cat, loves the attention that he gets from Audra constantly chasing him but I think he gets old even for him. Sometimes he can't find  a decent spot just to lie down and sleep without Audra seeking and finding him.

We've had to borrow a baby gate to put up to keep Audra out of the kitchen and baby gate hurdles are my latest form of exercise. I despise them but I secretly hope they give my stems a lovely shape. Probably not but I can dream. Other than the baby gate and some outlet covers (I have a ton of them so why not use them) we haven't done any baby proofing. Audra knows what "no' means and we have to tell her it often but she is learning what she can and cannot touch. It also helps that we live in a cozy 750sq ft in-law suite and I can easily keep an eye on her.

But sometimes I find her like this. Happily play and talking to her toys. And then I melt. 

Audra has perfecting her pulling-oneself-up act and even deciding that she will just let go and stand there. If her balance is good she will stand there for 1-2 seconds (or more on occasion). I am not ready for that to happen. I'm just getting used to her crawling, she's got to wait a few months before she starts walking but it'll happen in no time. This girl has been determined since in utero to move on her own as fast as possible!

Her cousin made her a paper crown a few months ago. It now fits...almost. 

I cannot put Audra to sleep at my parents ever. My mom has the Grandma touch. 

Riding in Pap's yard vehicle. Many memories to be made right here.


Well here's to another week with a crawler. I need a cruller to deal with a crawler. Happy Monday Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment