Wednesday, June 22, 2016

An Update

No you haven’t missed a post or two. We’ve been the ones missing lately, I apologize. A couple weeks ago Jonathan was away in NC for work. That was a long but busy week for us. I purposefully made us busy so that it would go faster but it still seemed just as long. That week ended with a sweet and adorable wedding of my dear friend. Unfortunately we did not get a picture together at the wedding because by the time I remembered we were already hot, sweaty and my hair was pulled back but it was nice to get a few hours away together even if most of it was driving.

Last week was slightly less busy but ended with Audra having a play date with two of her 3rd cousins. She was in awe of little humans her size and almost her age. We visited Grandma and Pap that night because they had been on a long road trip vacation and we hadn’t seen them in a week!

This week has been even less busy. Running to the grocery store, the second hand clothing store and picking black raspberries is about all we’ve done this week. We did experiment with playing in the water yesterday but Audra was not impressed. I basically did it so that I could put her swim suit on her. Of course…I didn’t get a picture of that because my phone was frozen all day until the battery died. It was actually kind of refreshing to not have a phone or worry about checking my phone. When I finally did get my phone back on it erased all my contacts but luckily not my pictures!

When we aren’t running to a store or playing outside (which happens about twice a day now) we spend our days inside trying to keep cool and rolling around on the floor. The other day I let Audra go beyond the confines of her play mat and she just rolls and scoots all over! She hasn’t quite mastered the coordination of pushing up on her hands with pushing her butt up but we’re getting there. She also stares us down whenever we eat around her and she’s sampled very very small amounts of yogurt, jam, applesauce, mashed carrot and mashed potato. We are awaiting the new cover we bought for her highchair but I put her in her highchair today to test it out. She. Hated. It. I promised her it will soon be her favorite place where she will eat all things yummy but she wasn’t convinced. We are still waiting for her to tell us she’s ready for solids. I think were slowly getting there as she seems to be wanting to nurse more often than usual these days.

Other than that our lives are pretty much the same day in and out. We eat, sleep, play repeat. Sometimes it’s exhausting and boring to me. Sometimes I have to remind myself to soak it in because pretty soon she’ll be mobile and I will no longer be able to just sit on the floor while she plays.

Here are some recent pictures of our sweet and sassy girl.

Outside adventures are our favorite thing to do these days. 



The laundry basket is our newest trick to keep her sitting up and all her toys within reach. 

Sitting pretty

Sleepy squishy babies are seriously the best!


Thanks for coming back and reading about our lives friend. I enjoy keeping you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment