Monday, August 26, 2013

Diet Week

Well today officially starts the family diets week. Summer is winding down and soon the holidays will be here and we all know what that means - eat, eat, eat!

Today I hit the gym that is on campus and free for all students and staff. It was truly an experience. From the moment I walked in and noticed that all the lockers in the dressing room need to have a lock if you want your stuff to be safe. They are also teeny tiny and no where big enough for my big gym bag. Then I noticed that you cannot change in the bathroom stall and they said to change in the shower stall instead - yeah I broke that rule. Then I walked all my crap back out to my car and then back into the workout room. Upon entering I noticed how small it is, nothing to brag about that's for sure. They had 2 treadmils, a bike, lots of extreme exercise equipment, free weights from 5lb to 40lb, medicine balls and of course plenty of mirrors so you can watch yourself get big and bulky and sweaty. When I walked in I noticed that I would be sharing the room with not 1, not two, but 8 big, iron pumping, college guys. Playing on the radio was the same Eminem song on repeat. They all looked at me as if they've never seen a female before let alone one who bypasses the treadmill and heads straight to the free weights. Yes I love free weights over any machine so even though there were guys watching me and my chubby thighs from every angle at least I didn't have to share my free weights with them. After working on my arms, doing 200 jumping jacks (my favorite!) and doing a mile on the treadmill I was sweating bullets and exhausted.

Now I am home and planning dinner but mostly on my mind is dessert - chocolate zucchini bread baby!
Click the picture for a link to Taste of Home's two loaf recipe

Dinner will be some leaner chicken recipe and probably some pasta as a side. My husband tried to fit in every unhealthy calorie he could before diet week began. So now I'm putting all the fried chicken aside and going with a baked or grilled chicken. I prefer to eat my calories in chocolate anyway!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment